From the "Find a Massage Therapist" professional organization:
What technique do you receive the best clinical results from?
It's more about the Skill level of the therapist, where the modality matches the needs of the client. For example, someone with a hurt back can derive great benefit from expert Sports Massage or chiropractic massage, whereas someone with a traumatic brain injury would be better served by an expert Craniosacral Therapist. So different techniques have different value apropos to different situations. The expertise of the therapist makes all the difference in terms of how effectively they are wielded.
- Pain and Massage: Is More Pain Really = More Gain?
- Which Massage Techniques Produce the Best Clinical Results?
- Soft Tissue Issues Experienced By Massage Therapists
- Best Business Practices for Gaining Clientele
- Improving Client-Therapist Matches
- What are the Biggest Issues Facing Massage Therapists in Your Area?