Local Massage Challenges
From the "Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers" professional organization:
Wow, this group now has over 13000 members. Hello! Tell me, 13000, what do you think is the main issue(s) facing the massage and bodywork industry in your area at the moment?
The biggest issue in our area is that therapists are being underpaid for their work. Spas are typically keeping 70% of what clients are paying for services and expecting therapists to do a lot of unpaid labor between clients. It is not uncommon for therapists to receive only $50-60 total for a 7-hour shift (or less if they are on-call). Naturally, this creates a great deal of job dissatisfaction and high employee turnover.
- Pain and Massage: Is More Pain Really = More Gain?
- Which Massage Techniques Produce the Best Clinical Results?
- Soft Tissue Issues Experienced By Massage Therapists
- Best Business Practices for Gaining Clientele
- Improving Client-Therapist Matches
- What are the Biggest Issues Facing Massage Therapists in Your Area?