There are so many great things to do on Kauai. Here are some of our favorite outdoor activity providers:
The weather on Kauai often varies radically from one side of the island to the other, so before you go out, check the weather! Especially if your plans involve the ocean...
Finding a good restaurant can be a fun challenge! Here are some of the places we like to eat:Hanalei:
- Hanalei Dolphin: Freshest, best fish on the island
- Hanalei Gourmet: Raucous atmosphere, good dinners
- Postcards: Fine dining, very good food
- Bubba Burgers: Delicious burgers.
- Lappert's Ice Cream: Delicious, decadent flavors of homemade ice cream.
- Kilauea Fish Market: Inexpensive, delicious fish burritos, wraps, and plates
- Kilauea Bakery & Pau Hana Pizza: Local hang-out spot with baked goods, pizza, soup, and sandwiches
- Thai 2 Go: Roadside cart with very good thai food
- Mermaids: Excellent takeout featuring fresh local fish & produce, and original recipes involving ingredients ranging from pesto & wasabi wraps to curries and asian salads
- Wahooo Seafood Grill and Bar: Fine dining featuring the excellent fresh local seafood.
- Caffe Coco: Cafeteria-style low-key takeout, eat-under the stars at a picnic table style. Usually local music happening and esoteric menu featuring samosas, vegetarian, and fish plates.
- Kintaro's: The best sushi on the island. Also has teppan yaki and japanese menu. Usually packed.
- Hukilau Lanai: Very nice fine pacific fusion cuisine at very reasonable prices.
- Cafe Portofino: Fancy Italian restaurant overlooking the Bay.
- JJ's Broiler: Delicious burgers and low-key american fare with a gorgeous view.
- Gingbua Thai Restaurant: Good Thai food with a beautiful and relaxing view overlooking Nawiliwili harbor.
- Mark's Place: A working-class greasy spoon where the burgers and terriyaki are quite good.
- Roy's: Expensive Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine.
- Merriman's Fish House: Lovely, upscale restaurant featuring fresh local seafood.
- Casa Blanca: Creative, elegant open-air dining
- Kalaheo Cafe & Coffee Company: Soups, sandwiches, bakery & coffee.
Some of our favorite personal trainers:
Recommended Day Spas