What better way to nurture yourself and your growing baby than with a nice, relaxing massage?
While a woman is pregnant her body undergoes enormous physical changes. These can cause stress or discomfort to the mother. Massage is a wonderful way to help alleviate many of these discomforts, as well as promotes a sense of well-being.
Benefits that a mother may experience:
- Reduces swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Can lessen sciatic pain
- Can ease muscular discomforts in areas like the lower back & neck, or calf cramps. It also helps with tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Tones loose muscles while relaxing tense ones.
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems. This can also help with fatigue.
- Increases oxygen in the blood, sometimes on up to 10-15% after a massage.
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body's natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Helps increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
- Can be used during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable.
- Eases stress mothers often feel after the birth
Our prenatal masseuses are practicing doulas who specialize in massaging babies, pregnant, and post-partum women.
Call us at (808) 635-2789(808) 635-2789 and we will schedule your special pregnancy massage for the time and place that's most convenient for you.
So the expectant mother can relax even more, we offer free mobile massage services for Prenatal Massage throughout Kauai, including Poipu, Princeville, Kapaa, Lihue, and Hanalei. Three of our expert Prenatal Massage specialists also have their own private massage studios, so in-house services are available near Poipu, Princeville, & Kapaa.